How to head cover letter?
· Write your name first, large and bolded. Font size (16-18pt).
· The rest of the header will be normal font size (11-12 pt) and not bolded.
· Write your location but do not put your actual address.
· Write your contact information.
· 2 spaces.
· 1 space.
· The hiring person’s name.
· The hiring person’s address.
· 2 spaces. You can adjust any of the spaces later to make sure that the last paragraph on the page fits on the page and doesn’t go over into the next page.
· Dear hiring person’s name,
How to address cover letter?
· Do not use the generic ‘To whom it may concern’.
· Use dear hiring team or the actual name of the person.
· To find the name of the hiring person, you can call up HR or try to find it on LinkedIn or maybe it is in the job posting. Do a little bit of digging. If you can’t find it then use ‘Dear hiring team’.