Not sure what questions to ask on an interview? Below are a list of questions to ask during a job interview.
Connect with the Interviewer
- How did you join the company?
- What was your motivation for starting the company?
- What do you like about this company?
- What has this company taught you?
Learn about the work environment
Pick a couple and add your own questions about things you need to know:
- What makes the department I’d be working for successful?
- What is the culture like here?
- What is your mentorship style?
- What makes this a great place to work?
- What traits do you feel a person needs to be successful at this company?
- Can you give me an example of a recent hire that has been successful?
- What skills does the person you are hiring need to exceed expectations in this organization?
- What are the company’s biggest challenges and how will this job help overcome it?
- How will I measure my performance to make sure I am having a positive impact on the company?
Ask for feedback
- What additional skills or experience do you wish I had that would make me better fit for this job?
- Always ask for what the next steps are in the hiring process. When can you expect them to make a decision by? This way you know when it is appropriate to contact them to follow up.
We offer an interview prep guide on our Etsy Page.